Mondays - Fridays
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Federal/Training Holidays
• Provide effective and efficient consultative care for diseases of the gastrointestinal system to U.S. military personnel, retirees, and other DoD beneficiaries throughout the EUCOM, AFRICOM, and CENTCOM areas of operation.
• Provide a full-range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to investigate and treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
• Support Landstuhl’s inpatient and emergency room operations with on-call consultative and emergency procedure support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
• Support the medical readiness for all supported units.
NEW PATIENT INFORMATION:
• Gastroenterology is a consult service. Please talk to your Primary Care Manager to obtain a referral.
- Exception: Patients who meet specific criteria for Colon Cancer Screening.
- Please wait 24 hours (1 business day) for your referral to be reviewed by the Gastroenterology service before scheduling your appointment.
• Gastroenterology is open to all ADULT eligible beneficiaries (active duty service members and their family members, retirees and DOD civilians).
- The clinic provides care to adults starting at age 17; pediatric patients are not seen in consultation.
• If you have received care outside of the Military Healthcare System, please bring any doctor’s notes, lab results, pathology reports and radiographic studies (X-rays, CT, and Ultrasound) to your appointment.
• Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
COMMONLY EVALUATED CONDITIONS:
• Barrett’s Esophagus
• Colon Cancer Screening
• Colon Polyps
• Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
• Rectal Bleeding
PROCEDURES AND ACTIVITIES PERFORMED:
• Capsule endoscopy
• Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)
• Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
• Enteral feeding support
• Esophageal Manometry
• Esophageal pH monitoring (Catheter-based or Wireless)
• Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD or Upper Endoscopy)
• Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
• Liver Biopsy
• Hepatitis C case management
• Remicade infusion support
PROCEDURES AND ACTIVITIES NOT AVAILABLE:
• Ano-rectal manometry
• Bariatric surgery or pre-operative assessments for Bariatric surgery
• Cholangioscopy (SpyGlass®)
• Esophageal impedance testing
• Hemorrhoid banding or ligation
• Natural Orifice Trans-luminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES)
• Photo-Dynamic Therapy (PDT)
• American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD)
• American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
• American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
• American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
• American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)